Sunday, June 10, 2007

Ottawa's West Fest

This afternoon we took a trip down to Westboro for the annual West Fest Festival?, I dont know if you call it that or not.
WESTFEST, Ottawa's newest large-scale festival, is a diverse three-day celebration that includes music, visual, literary, dance, spoken word, and performance art.
Festival activities will take place on Richmond Road, between Tweedsmuir and Golden Avenues on Friday, June 8, Saturday, June 9 and Sunday, June 10, 2007. WESTFEST is FREE!

And of course snapped off a few Pictures of our little monster running wild and some others of the West in general. You know just some sights of Ottawa's westend west fest.
If you're ever in Westboro you have to check out some of the Great Murals. I took this one because well, Aidan likes Skate Boarding right now. I suspect he'll be a big time ottawa skate boarder.


Lord Help us, Greenday blasting loudly in the house. Oh well.



There's a cool little bike shop on the corner of Richmond road and Churchill, cant say I know what It's called though, anyways they have just coolest bikes.
I like this one in particular because it has a Star Bucks carrier.
What a Clever Idea HUH!!
Fitting too because there's a Star Bucks just up the road.
Whats neat about these bikes is they're so Retro.
Very 1950's with the flashy gaudy colours.



Heres another shot I was trying to get artsy with it.
I just love the tires, ya that's it I love the tires.
We were down there Oh I'd say Mid-afternoonish.
So we didn't really to get see much in the way of bands or music for that matter I'm guessing all the best bits take place Friday and Saturday night.
According to my parents thats when the livelier parts of Westfest are.
They live in Westboro, just a block up the road from the big bandshell.
Speaking of bands Bluesfest is coming up isn't it!!
Heres a link to the performers for this years Bluesfest

No comments: