Monday, August 07, 2006

Ottawa Busker Festival August 2006



The Busker festival is in Ottawa this long weekend. It's Colonel by day apparently.

Good enough reason for a holiday I suppose!! Theres a wide array of performers from all over the planet performing their tricks and acts for the public on the Sparks Street mall here in Ottawa.

The guy on the left there is from San francisco California !! Pretty cool huh!!! I cant say I caught his name, though he was pretty good !!!

This pair of acrobats are from Japan! They performed a great act of balance and shows of strength.

You can't tell from the photo here but the tiny little japanese girl perched perilously on top of her counter parts hands is just cut muscle and sinew.

They also did this awesome rope twirling act with balls on the end of the rope as well as using some kids shoes from the audience. Nothing like audience particip-action. I'll post the majority of the photos to my Flickr account. For your viewing pleasure. Oh there some other gems in there. Last I checked. Ok back to the show !!!

These Guys and gals? Didnt catch where they were from!!

Very reminicent of STOMP but with brooms, what a great Idea !!!

I wonder if they do apt cleaning!!

I came towards the end of their show. Shux !!! guess it all worked out, wouldnt want my girlriend to think "real men use brooms"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never did make it downtown, although I thought about going. The pictures are great, it looks like a lot of great shows this year!