Sunday, August 06, 2006

Drinking at a public pool is never a good idea (just Pool-ing Around)


SO there I was, just minding my own business in the pool when all of a sudden WHAMMO I'm getting hauled out on a stretcher spinal (tap) back board and getting first aid by some pool dudes and dudettes. Who would have known!!!

No seriously. They were doing a drill and happened to pick me as the victim for their pool clearing and first aid excercise. Was fun ... sort of.

See the story goes like this. I was sunning myself with my girlfriend. (wish I were drinking lemon drop martini's, I'll get the recipe and for a future posting) And two of the lifeguards approach me to ask if I would like to participate in a drill (cute but way young).
Simple enough and I'm always willing to help out!! Hey I'm a canuck its what we do, I was instructed to go dive off of the diving board at 3:10 pm. and play dead in the pool. Umm ok play dead in water? hahahaha ok Im a dork and agreed to this.
So thats what I did. Dove off of the board and started "floating" face down.
While Im doing this I'm hoping all the guards are in on this shenanigan. NOT. I freeking flaundered there as long as I could hold my breath for then came up for air a few times. It wasn't until my girlfriend yelped "LIFE GAURD" that they jumped into action.
Hahahah what a drama I put on though, struggling for air and slapping at the water.
Was all in good fun and it was a helpful drill for them. Next time ? maybe not though...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scary...